Toronto Star today prompted this blog, and writer Ian Law was concentrating on the four driving offences that "drive him crazy" and he could issue tickets (if they game him a title and a car) to drivers, under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act (HTA.) He covers his worst, distracted drivers, running red lights,aggressive driving, and illegal turns.
These are all good points and although many residents would say "We have enough enforcement, too much,in fact" that is not the case. Recently the Province of Ontario added a new traffic law which makes using any hand held electronic devices illegal and subject to over $100 fine and points. This is mainly targeted at people texting and driving, or stopped at a traffic light, and are not using a hands free device. And since the start of this new law, about a year ago, has this eliminated the safety hazard? Not a chance, it's a wee bit smaller than in years past, but it still continues to this day, and I see people texting in backed up traffic all the time. If caught, I think a more realistic fine should be imposed since they are only catching about five percent, so let's make the fine $500 and see how the public reacts to that.
This texting and driving has been responsible for so many accidents since texting started, and now with everyone having a smart phone, and traffic snarls all over the city, people think they can do both. Studies have shown that someone texting and driving is very similar to the conditions of an impaired driver and in Ontario that is a criminal offence.
I just don't get it, people can't wait to answer their phones and for some reason are aware of the dangers, but continue to use their hand held devices while they try to manoeuvre through the heavy traffic of downtown Toronto, and I suspect other major cities across North America. It's getting so bad, it's not even safe in a wheelchair. (picture below)
So what do you think? Are there other things that DRIVE YOU CRAZY about Toronto Drivers? Let's hear what you have to say.
If you need a good safe driving school, check this place out, it's Ian Law's school just north of Toronto. (Car Control School)
People who liked this BLOG post, liked these, remember the women who walked into a fountain while texting check her video out.
Walked into water fountain while texting.
What's the rule for parking VALET giving keys to drunk drivers?
Can car companies eliminate the bar on the drivers side that blocks view when turning?
Daniel ... Toronto, CANADA
My take on everything
Did you ever get CASH, $25.00 to open a bank account, well you can do it now with ING and they even pay you interest, NO fees ever, yes I said NO FEES, go to my BLOGSPOT BLOG and look for the ING Dangling KEY logo and .. FLIP OVER for the LINK - Check it out. You are required to make a minimum deposit of $100, but where else can you make 25% interest in one transaction instantly. Huh?
Be sure to copy the NUMBERS on the key to get the $25 credit. ...
Favorite links about Toronto
- The Wall Photo Group-JoinJoin today - simple rules
- WordPress BLOGJust UPDATED
- BlogSpot/BloggerBlogSpot BLOG - My take on everything
- Toronto access pageEvents, movies and anything else happening in Toronto
- Sewers under the CityPics stories about sewers
- FamilyPhoto2000Family Photo 2000
- Toronto News 24 - excellent online news about TorontoOnline NEWS site about Toronto and the whole GTA area
- My first BLOG tumblrAll about Toronto, TUMBLR Blog
- blog.commy other BLOG - My take on everything
- AllVoicesNews/comment - citizen journalists
- Now PublicNews/comment - citizen journalists
- IPTV - Bell Fibe TV forumForum about Fibe TV
- TwitPicPictures - photos - comments
- My photo AlbumsPictures - photos - comments
- City of TorontoMunicipal Government site
- Libya EgyptMy take on "Middle East"
- All about dandmb50#dandmb50 on google 54,000 hits
- My Flickr pictures on flickriverFlikr pictures on flickriver portal, click picture to see full discription and scroll down to see more
- Flickr albumsSome of my favorites on Flickr
- Digital Journal - Online news around the worldOnline news - Toronto and the WORLD - great site
- On-line Radio ShowInteresting topics check it out
- Madison, WisconsinAll about Wisconsin, great site